Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What am I Reading? March 2014


So here is what I have been reading lately.


Midnight in Austenland was the independent sequel to Austenland which I read last year. It's about a newly divorced woman who goes to England for an authentic "Jane Austen" vacation. Very cute! There's a new movie out about the first one which I recently saw. It was a fun chick flick!

The Marriage Bargain is about a woman who agrees to marry a billionaire so he inherit his father's company and at the same time, she can help out her family. The book was entertaining, but implausible in my opinion.

We just got the list of the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl books for the 2014-15 school year. Chomp by Carl Hiassen was one of the books on the list. Hannah was not happy with me that I only read 2 titles on last year's list, so I am trying to do a better job for the next year. Chomp was a fun read. It's about a young boy who's father runs an animal sanctuary. Sometimes his animals are used in movies and such. A "Crocodile Hunter" type show hires the boy & his father to help with their show.

Navigating Early is another reading bowl book for next year. This one is about a boy whose mother dies, so his military father sends him away to military school. There the boy meets Early and goes on an adventure with him.

I was so excited that a new Kristan Higgins book came out this month. It's the latest in the Blue Heron series. The local bartender/owner is the heroine in this one. I really enjoyed this & look forward to Higgins' next book.

In one month, I read 3 of the HRRB titles for next year! Lincoln's Grave Robbers is a true story that reads like fiction. It's about some men in the late 1800's who attempt to steal Lincoln's dead body for a ransom. There are lots of photos throughout the book.

His Secret, Her Baby is the latest by Tanya Michaels. Tanya is in my book club, so I try to read her books when they come out. The book was great, but I don't like the title at all. A lot of the romance books have really basic titles like that and I don't care for that. This book is the first in a series of the Cade siblings. I'm looking forward to reading about the other Cades, especially the brooding, older brother.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment