Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

England Trip {The Pubs}

We enjoyed several pubs in Brighton. There were so many within walking distance of our house. We drank the local ales/lagers whenever we could. I was pleased that most of them were served somewhat cool. I was prepared for room temperature beer. 
 
 
This first one is the Pull & Pump. We ate dinner here & enjoyed a couple of pints. 
 

Chris enjoyed a pint at the Heart & Hand while I had some cider.


We went to the Robin Hood for dinner one evening. Of course, we had a pint or two. They had a fabulous selection of flavored vodkas that they make. I tried one that tasted like a Werthers candy.


Almost every beer, ale, lager we had anywhere on our trip was served in a glass with the name of the drink on it.

The Hampton Arms was super close to our house. We ate dinner here.


I enjoyed an ale sampler.

We stopped at the Red Lion after our visit to Arundel Castle.



Chris took a picture of me with my beverage.

We stopped for a drink at the Brighton Tavern.

 
The Windmill was also very close to our house. We stopped for drinks & lunch.  

I enjoyed a glass of pear cider here.
 
Bethany & Warwick hosted a "welcome" dinner at Cricketers the night before the wedding.  
 

Chris & Bethany enjoying their beverages.

Dad had a pint.

And here is my Uncle Ken (Dad's brother) with a pint.

The wedding reception was held at the Coach House in Brighton. It was more of a restaurant with a bar, but I decided to include it in our tour of pubs.

We went earlier in the week with Bethany & Warwick for a wine tasting so they could decide what wines to serve at the reception. While they were busy finalizing details, Chris enjoyed a pint.

Here is Chris with Shawn. She was in charge of the reception details. We got to spend some time with her during the wine tasting. Here Chris is trying some Scottish whiskey.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment