Pages

Friday, June 21, 2013

Sweet Potato Chips

We have recently discovered how easy it is to make our very own sweet potato chips. They are absolutely delicious.

We slice 1 to 2 sweet potatoes.


We have one of those mandolin style slicers which does an excellent job. Though I cut my thumb pretty badly the first time I used it. It was one of those "I probably should have gotten stitches" cuts. But of course, I didn't.

Here's a close up of one slice so you can see how thin it is.

We heat up canola oil to 350 degrees. We watch the temperature pretty closely and adjust as needed.

It's fun to watch them curl up.

We sprinkle them with fine sea salt. Yummy!!! We put a few in a Ziploc bag to see how they would taste a day later. (They tasted almost as good - they were room temperature instead of warm which is the only difference.) The kids want us to make them for lunches.

Sweet Potato chips have quickly become a favorite snack at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment