Pages

Friday, February 1, 2013

What am I Reading?

During the month of December, I read several Christmas themed books. Most of them were fluffy romance pieces, but fun nonetheless.


Santa Wore Combat Boots by Barbara Witek was a fun, fast read. I will admit, I liked the cover quite a bit!

Bah, Humbug was a cute holiday novella about a "Martha Stewart" type single mother who moves next door to her children's favorite author.

Christmas in Wine Country was entertaining. A lot of the storyline seemed to be retelling what had happened earlier. For example, the heroine drinks a little too much at the work party and then later you find out what happened. I'm not sure I liked that. I would rather hear what happened at the event.
A romantic novella about a single woman who has a hard time getting into the holiday spirit. 

No Exchanges, No Returns was about a single woman who offers to become a surrogate mother for her twin sister. After the woman becomes pregnant with her brother in law's baby, her twin decides to divorce her husband and give up all claims to the unborn baby.  To make things more interesting, the woman has had a crush on her brother in law since day one. In fact, she met him before she introduced him to her twin sister. Another nice cover, don't you think???

Christmas without Holly is another holiday novella. It is about a woman named Holly who spends the few days before Christmas at a health spa before joining her boyfriend for Christmas. There she meets a few women who cause her to rethink her relationship.

You're My Secret Santa, Baby was about co-workers participating in a Secret Santa at work. It was one of my favorite of the holiday reads.It was a cute story.

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment