Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

What am I Reading? continued

Here are the non-holiday themed books that I have read lately.


The Dark Life was one of Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl titles. I LOVED it! It is about a dystopian society where some people live under the sea. I just read that Robert Zemekis is in the works to direct the movie version. Very cool!!!

Hero by Mike Lupica was another Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl title. It is a spy novel for kids.

Holiday Buzz is the lates of the Coffehouse Mystery series. I love all the references made about coffee in these books!

TV Bride is a reality tv show like The Bachelor. I am always fascinated by the books with the reality tv themes. One of the contestants on the show has mob ties, so that has an effect on who gets a rose each night.

Ninth Ward was also a Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl book. This one was about a young girl who surives Hurrican Katrina in New Orleans.

I don't know how I missed that there were new High Heels titles! I was browsing on Amazon and found this new novella and two other High Heels books that I hadn't read. This takes place in Hawaii on their honeymoon and of course, there's a murder while they are there.

I really enjoyed Highland Fling by Emily Harvale. Of course, I am a fan of all things Scottish. If it's not Scottish, it's Crap! (okay, pardon me for my reference to an old SNL sketch). It's about a woman who has been separated from her husband for two years and runs a Bed & Breakfast in Scotland. She has a group of men visiting for a Bachelors weekend.

Then Lizzie Marshall's Wedding is the sequel to Highland Fling, though it could stand alone. Also very enjoyable.

The movie Warm Bodies comes out this weekend. Hannah has expressed interest in seeing it. I decided to read it so I could decide whether or not to take Hannah to see the movie. I really enjoyed it. It's told primarily through the Zombie's perspective. I can't wait to see the movie now!


I am currently reading Letter from Home by Carolyn Hart. It's the latest book for Book Club. We're meeting on Sunday to discuss it and as always, I wait until the last moment!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment