Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

Family Reunion Trip to Branson {Part 1}


Several months ago (or longer), my sister and I started talking about having a family reunion trip for our Dad's side of the family. Bethany contacted our cousins to get some possible dates and then this spring we actually moved forward with the idea.

Through our Dad's timeshare, we were able to reserve (4) 3 bedroom units in Branson. We tried to get something in Florida or Pigeon Forge, but there was not enough availability. Branson was actually a decent location considering where everyone was driving from. Plus, we were able to use Dad's timeshare points, so there were no costs for our accommodations!


 Each unit could be split into 3 individual units (ABC) if necessary. Here's a floorplan of a full unit:



So for our group, we had 12 bedrooms, 12 kitchens, 20 bathrooms and 12 living rooms. When we had everyone there, we had 32 people I believe. It amazes me when I hear people say that they have over 100 people at their family reunions! I can't even imagine. My father has 1 brother. My siblings and I have 3 cousins.

Everyone except my brother was able to attend. Plus, we included my Dad's cousin John and his wife. Another of my Dad's cousins came and visited for a couple of days during the week, but they arranged for their own unit.

Here's who we had in our group:
Dad & his girlfriend Judy from Indiana
Bethany and her family from Las Vegas
Uncle Ken & Aunt Brenda from Indiana
My cousin, Katherine and her family from Missouri
My cousin Kerry and his family from Houston
My cousin Kevin from Indiana
Dad's cousin John & his wife from Ohio
and my own family from Georgia
Dad's cousin David and his wife from Missouri & Texas

I'll include photos from our week in separate entries.



No comments:

Post a Comment