Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Lavender Pillow Spray Mist

Hannah asked me for some pillow spray recently. I had a bottle of "Sleep" from Bath & Body Works which I was going to let her use, but when we tested it there was no scent at all. It was at least 5 years old, so it wasn't a big surprise.

I had recently purchased some Essential Oils & decided that I would try to make my own Pillow Mist.

I found an easy recipe on Food.com.






In a small container, mix 1/2 cup water with a 1/2 tsp. of witch hazel.




Then add 4-5 drops of Lavender Essential Oils. Here's a picture of the Essential Oils kit that I ordered off of Amazon. It was a little difficult to control the amount of drops, so mine was more like 6 or 7 drops of Lavender.


I mixed it all together, then used a funnel to pour into my 1 oz. spray bottles  that I had purchased on Amazon. This made enough to make 3 bottles this size.




The finished Lavender Pillow Mist smells AMAZING! I am so happy with it. It smells just as good as the Bath & Body Works brand. The Lavender Essential Oil by itself doesn't smell like the lavender scent we are accustomed to. But somehow, the combination of the witch hazel and water makes a huge difference. Nor does it have a witch hazel scent. It smells just like the traditional lavender scent. I've been spraying this on my pillows every night!

Sweet dreams.....

No comments:

Post a Comment