Pages

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New Coffee Machine

For a few months now, I had been considering purchasing a coffee maker. Our last one bit the dust about 9 months ago. Chris didn't want to get a new one, so he was using one of these for his daily coffee:


I contemplated the Keurig and other pod systems out there, but when it came down to it, I preferred my coffee with the steamed milk, etc. I was guilty of going to Starbucks a couple of times a week for lattes. We used to have an espresso maker, but it was too complicated for the likes of me. I even purchased the latte packets at the store where all you had to do was add hot water. Yuck!!! I really didn't think there was anything out there for me.

Well...on a recent trip to Target, I came across a Mister Coffee Latte Maker on clearance.  Chris was with me at the time and he seemed skeptical. But he got on his phone and found the item on Amazon and read the reviews. The reviews were pretty favorable. Plus, the price on Amazon was $20 more.



I still had a $50 Target gift card left over from Christmas, so I decided to go ahead & purchase the $49.99 Mr. Coffee latte maker.

I bought some coffee syrups (both regular and sugar free) and started playing around with different flavors, etc. It came with a recipe book which I used as a guideline. I use a little less syrup than the recipes suggested because I thought that was just too sweet. I LOVE the foamy milk! And I love the color of the latte!



The machine is pretty easy to use, definitely easier than the old espresso machine. You can't put the pieces in the dishwasher because of the heating elements.


I have not been to Starbucks in over a week now!

No comments:

Post a Comment