Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

James Turns 15!

I am a bit behind in my blogging. I was having technical difficulties with Blogger for a while, then right after I got that all worked out, my Eye-Fi card was having troubles so I couldn't upload pics from my camera the easy way. I refused to just take the card out & transfer the pictures the old fashioned way. Anyway....the problem with the Eye-Fi card has been fixed, so I have some catching up to do!


My baby boy celebrated his 15th birthday on January 7th. He always requests homemade cakes for his birthday. This year I made "The Best Chocolate Cake" from Kevin & Amanda 's blog.  It is an altered cake mix recipe that adds instant pudding & chocolate chips to the Devils Food cake mix.  The cake was delicious! I used the recipe for the the Butter Cream frosting that was posted with the cake recipe, but I wished I had used my own. It was a shortening based butter cream and I personally prefer butter creams made with butter. James loved the cake, even with the shortening based butter cream and that's really all that matters.



Sometime this fall, James grew taller than me. He had been waiting for that moment for a very long time. He also had to shave for the very first time. He doesn't need to shave daily yet, but he did have that "fake moustache" thing coming in. He is half way through his first year of high school and he's old enough to go get his driver's permit.Where has the time gone??? Where has my baby gone?


Here are some old pictures of James. We didn't get a digital camera until after Hannah was born, so it's hard to find really young pictures of him.


James with his new baby sister, Hannah.
 
 
Soccer boy

Playing guitar

Drama Camp at the Mable House - he was a fly.


Ninja boy

Choi Kwang Do

Bird lover

Happy Birthday (belated), James!

No comments:

Post a Comment