Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

What am I Reading?

I seem to have slowed down in my reading. You would think that now that the kids are back in school, I would be reading more! I am reading, but not as much as I normally do.
 
 
The first book I have read in the post is Married by Mistake. It's a Harlequin Super Romance that was recently free on Amazon. The premise is that this woman goes on a reality tv show to under false pretenses to get her long time boyfriend to marry her. Well, needless to say, that doesn't go well, so she ends up being stood up on the show. A wealthy businessman who is part owner of the tv station steps in to marry her and help her save face. Then he finds out that the wedding is legal and binding. I actually enjoyed it. Of course it was a little predictable and sappy, but I love happy endings. 
 

I was super excited to learn that there was a new book in Cleo Coyle's Coffeehouse Mystery series! As with all of her books, it was a fun read. I enjoy all the technical coffee descriptions.

My Life in Pink &  Green is a YA book. It is on the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl book list for this year. Hannah is on the school team this year and I am helping out with it. I am trying to read as many books on the list as I can. This one was really cute. It's about a young girl who tries to find ways to save the family pharmacy.

I finally read the second Harry Potter book! Another good read. I had been putting it off, but recently got the title from the library for my Kindle. I was so not looking forward to reading the physical book because of the size of the typeset. I just can't read a thing without my reading glasses anymore! I did like this one a lot and will try to read number three sooner than later.

Turtle in Paradise by Jennifer Holm is another one of the titles on the Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl list. Turtle is a young girl who is sent to live with relatives in Key West during the Depression. I personally haven't read a lot of fictional accounts of that era, other than Grapes of Wrath in high school, so I enjoyed being taken back to that time period. It was a good read, but a little more serious than the cover had led me to believe.

I absolutely LOVED The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman. This is another YA book on the reading bowl list. I was hooked from the beginning. It's about a high school girl who gets a job as a page in this library/museum type facility. There is one room in the facility that is devoted to all things "Grimm Brothers" related. I would love to see a movie made of this. I have told Hannah that she needs to read this one soon so we can discuss it.


So that's what I have been reading lately.

Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment